COMING SOON: Accent Freedom – Evaluation and Teaching Methods
This 8-hour course will prepare attendees to provide accent reduction (sometimes called accent modification or accent management) training to clients who wish to improve their American English clarity. After completing this course, attendees will be well equipped to immediately start offering this training to individuals or corporations using the Accent Freedom software. The cost of this course can easily be recouped after you acquire your very first client.
Following training using the Accent Freedom software, attendees will confidently be able to:
- Understand accent terminology and how it differs from other settings.
- Utilize Accent Freedom’s assessment tools to analyze client speech through pronunciation patterns.
- Review and understand how the client lessons provided in the Accent Freedom software help your client develop clear speech.
- Develop a customized lesson plan based on assessment results.
- Teach Accent Freedom lessons based on the speech analysis and customized lessons plans.
- Understand the paperwork needed when working with this population.
- Structure your own accent reduction training package to offer your clients.
- Competitively price your own accent reduction training package.
- Understand marketing techniques for this population.
- Obtain knowledge to immediately start working with accent reduction clients.
Who Should Take This Course:
- Professionals with speech and/or communication experience (at least 2 years recommended) such as speech language pathologists (SLP), English as a Second Language (ESL) instructors, linguists, or related fields.
- Professionals who want to learn to provide accent reduction training to their own clients using a proven methodology and materials that save you time.
- Professionals who are interested in starting an accent reduction business or who want to add this specialty to an existing business.
Each Attendee will Receive:
- 8 hours training of assessment and teaching techniques for accent modification clients
- Certification of Completion
- Access to a private Accent Freedom Facebook group to communicate with other Accent Freedom instructors
- Logo for your website that you are an Accent Freedom certified trainer
- Private link for your clients to log into the Accent Freedom software from your website
- Listing on the Accent Freedom’s website as Accent Freedom certified trainer
- 1 year instructor subscription to the Accent Freedom software (valued at $150)
BARBARA CHRISTENSEN is the owner and lead trainer at Speech Advantage. Speech Advantage is known worldwide as a leader in providing leadership development through foreign accent reduction training. Ms. Christensen received a BS Degree in Speech Communication from Iowa State University as well as a MA degree in Speech Pathology from Truman State University. She worked as a traditional speech-language pathologist until she started her corporate work in 1999.
Barb is the author of Accent Freedom, an in-depth online accent modification training program. Released in 2013, this software helps non-native English speakers improve their English pronunciation through self-study or instructor-led formats. Workshops are also offered to speech professionals who want to learn to use Accent Freedom software with their own clients.
- Two-day training via Zoom. Attendance both days is required for Certificate of Completion.
- Saturday, July 17, 2021; 12:00 – 4:15pm US Eastern time (includes one 15-minute break) AND
- Sunday, July 18, 2021; 12:00 – 4:15pm US Eastern time (includes one 15-minute break)
- $649 USD – Includes 1 year instructor subscription to Accent Freedom software (Save you $50 USD by purchasing the software with the training course.)
- Or, $549 USD without 1 year instructor subscription to Accent Freedom software (Software price is $150 USD after the course.)
- Full payment due when registering.
- Refunds honored up to 14 days prior to event with written request. No refunds if less than 14 days prior but fee may be applied to other course offerings.
- Register by July 15, 2021 to be guaranteed a seat. Late registrations will be added if available.
- Zoom link will be sent prior to event.
- Questions? Barb@SpeechAdvantage.com
$649 USD – Includes 1-year instructor subscription to Accent Freedom software (Save you $50 USD by purchasing the software with the training course.)